I’m delighted to announce the new Berkleemusic online learning environment will be unveiled this Fall term. Our new learning platform has been tested in a number of courses over the past few semesters with great success. The feedback from students and faculty has been extremely positive, and we’re looking forward to sharing it with the rest of our student body this Fall term.
The new learning environment will contain an enhanced feature set with many of the tools our students have been asking for, including:
- a real-time “Web Conferencing Tool” that allows for text, audio, and video-based meetings.
- the addition of “RSS” feeds.
- enhanced communication features including a student “Quick Nav.”
- a “Polling Tool” to help establish weekly chat times and to weigh in on course-related topics.
- a “Calendar Tool” to assist with planning and scheduling of both course-related and personal dates.
- a “Flash-based Recording Tool” to record and submit assignments, and for instructors to provide audio feedback.
- a brand new “Look and Feel” for the learning environment that has been designed and tested for readability and ease of use.
All of us at Berkleemusic are incredibly excited about the new learning environment and look forward to sharing it with our students this Fall Term beginning September 28!